Tuesday, March 19, 2019

AERIAL MOMENTS OVER THE SEA CLIFFS AND SOUTH REEF OF MOLOKA'I AND THE NORTH COAST OF LANAII, HAWAII (8 IMAGES)

Click on any image to enlarge.

"THE WATER COLUMN ROSE," PAPALAUA FALLS 1250', 
MOLOKI'I, HAWAII
At around 3,000 ft, the north coast of Molokai'i has the highest sea cliffs in the world and as such the also the highest tide waterfalls. The highest of these falls Oloupena falls at 2953 " is only visible when it is raining hard on Kamakou, the great volcano or the highlands above the north coast. This image is of Papalua falls, its shorter but more consistent sibling.


"THE GREAT SOUTH SHORE REEF RISES, EVER SO GRACEFULLY, INTO THE FAMILIAR," 
MOLOKA’I, MAUI COUNTY, HAWAII


"MOLOKA'I FROM THE REEF INTO THE SKY," 
MAUI COUNTY, HAWAII


"AS IF FROM SOME PRIMORDIAL COLOR CALDREN, KAMAKOU BREACHED THE SURFACE AND SOARED INTO THE CLOUDS," 
MOLOKI'I, HAWAII


"ABOVE THE SUBMARINE GARDENS OF NEON LIGHT," 
MOLOKA'I, MAUI COUNTY, HAWAII


"A CHILL OF WAVES SWEEPS THE FRINGE OF MOLOKA'I'S GREAT SOUTH REEF," 
MAUI COUNTY, HAWAII


"THE PEVAILING NORTHEASTERLYS, THE DERELICT, AND THE CEASELESS UNDERTOW SPIRITING THE NORTH COAST OF LANA'I INTO THE DEEP,” 
HAWAII


"LONG AFTER IT HAD LOST ITS RAISON D' ETRE, THE DERELICT AGROUND ON THE REEF CONTINUED TO MOVE AS IF IN DREAMS OF ITS PAST THROUGH WIND, WAVES AND TIME," 
NORTH SHORE OF LANA'I, HAWAII


No comments:

Post a Comment